Monday, August 15, 2011

Afternoons in the WF

If anyone has ever met and talked with me for less than five minutes, it's perfectly clear that I have a true passion for the WF.  I often call it my "home away from home" because I feel absolutely calm and safe inside.  My favorite chosen day to serve as docent is Sunday.  As I turn the lights at the close of the day, I always have my camera in tow.  I snap images of things that really grab my attention.  Sometimes, I've found that I have multiple photos of the same thing. 

I made mention yesterday to Mrs. Joan, surrogat grandmother, that the light seemed different.  We agreed that the autumn season is upon us, for sure.  I think it's the light (or lack of) that intriques me...it's always different.  I admire details differently when there is unique light and shadows.  Granted, I'm never going to get rich like my photographer friends Monty, Andrea, or Amanda...but, the images make me happy.  Most turn out a little blurry, but these details need to be seen and appreciated in person.  (Maybe a twilight tour??) 

The Mourning Memphis exhibition is nearly complete and the ambiance has definitely changed, for the darker, giving me a chill when I walk through the halls of the WF in the late afternoon.  It's my favorite time of the year...and I think the WF reflects the deep respect and profound love we all share for her.





No comments:

Post a Comment